Slot RTP Return To Player Percentage, Examples & FAQ

These statistics tell you nothing about the specific game you’re about to play. And even if the RTP is relatively high, the math always favors the casino. In the short run, you wouldn’t expect to see these probabilities hold true. As you get closer to an infinite number of bets, though, the numbers should start to mirror the expectation. This factor is an ultimate criterion that helps people to understand their chances of receiving payouts within the gaming process. Before playing any of these RTP games, test them via demo mode on trusted gambling sites from the independent QYTO list. Hollywood has produced some fantastic gambling movies but there are five movies about blackjack that are a must watch for dedicated card players, movie fans, and casual gamblers alike.

The biggest difference is that to get a true RTP you might need to spin millions of times within an online slot. Volatility can be affected within just a handful of spins and this plays a much bigger part in how slots work in the short term, compared with RTP. 👇 Below we have listed a range of online slots that have very high RTP percentages. As you can see, they go up over 99%, but these games are rare, with most being around the 95-98% mark. However, there are a few caveats and it’s not always as black and white as a simple percentage. Blood Suckers is a 5-reel and 25-payline slot with a horror theme.

  • Damjan’s career took a lot of twists and turns, veering away from humanities towards sports and tech.
  • The critical point here is to understand that the calculation is based on the total money wagered.
  • Good luck finding a gambling machine in Las Vegas with a label on it announcing its RTP.
  • Another option would be to carefully track the amount of money you wager over a lot of spins.
  • They select slots in which the RTP is 97% or even 98%, not realizing that the RTP only works for a long (maximum) distance.

The more volatile a game is, the more rounds it’ll take on average to achieve its theoretically RTP. For more complicated wagers, such as multi-leg parlays or futures, it’s best to use a tool to calculate the house edge. However, the formula for converting the house edge to RTP still applies. Players cannot simply browse the game rules and expect to find the RTP. Damjan’s career took a lot of twists and turns, veering away from humanities towards sports and tech. Now, he combines his interests and experience to bring you the latest news, helpful guides, and trustworthy recommendations from the worlds of gambling, sports, and video games. Now that we know how slots work and how RTP and variance affect the game, we can propose a strategy for those looking to gamble and beat the system.

The hit frequency does not dictate how big the payouts are, so it could just be small low-hanging fruit wins rather than massive jackpots. It’s entirely possible to earn more from a slot with a 10% hit frequency, providing you get lucky and hit one of the biggest jackpots during your slot session. You can find the RTP percentage of your favourite slot in the slots pay table or game description. Knowing the RTP percentage can help you decide whether to play a slot or not. However, it is important to remember that this is a theoretical value, and slots remain games of chance.

Myths & Truths About RTP in Slots

Low variance – Slots with low variance are most likely to pay out smaller yet frequent wins. However, they are least likely to pay out the biggest jackpots. It’s a very pretty slot to look at, with lots of delicious and colourful sweets covering the reels. It has many delightful bonus features, including super wilds, transforming symbols, and a free spins round where you can win up to 15 free spins.

But what is RTP in casinos, and why most experienced players want it to be as high as possible. Some slot machines have a lesser win frequency, but higher payouts, and some have higher chances of winning, but the prizes are usually of a lesser amount. Both can have an RTP of 97%, but one can have a win frequency of 8% while another can have 3%. For a player, it may feel that he is winning more often with a high win frequency, albeit small ones, but in reality, the chances of winning the 97% RTP is the same. A Video Lottery Terminal, or VLT, is a type of electronic gambling. Each machine is connected to a centralized computer system that monitors the gameplay and collects the casino’s share of the revenue. The hit frequency for any gambling machines — slots, VLTs, or video poker — vary greatly.

Conclusion: A Good Slots RTP Means Higher Returns for Players Over Time

Many gamblers, choosing a slot machine, are guided by the RTP, believing that the more this figure will be, the higher will be their profits. They select slots in which the RTP is 97% or even 98%, not realizing that the RTP only works for a long (maximum) distance. In other words, if you see that an RTP is 97%, it does not mean that you will get 97% of your money back during the playing process. Under the rules and regulations of the Gambling Commission, online casino game suppliers must monitor the performance of their games to ensure they meet the performance requirements. The games are subject to an annual audit and businesses face sanctions if they break the rules.

Return to Player (RTP): Maximizing Payouts on Slot Machines

Some games will be played more than others, and there will be a deviation in the payout based on this. A game played 100,000 times can have a variation of 3.47% from the mean and still be considered true to the designed RTP. It’s important to remember, however, that RTP is a long-term measure. It doesn’t guarantee any immediate wins or dictate the size of the wins. Slot games are inherently games of chance, with each spin independent of the previous or next one. Also, Casino Hold’em has a relatively low house edge and therefore a high RTP percentage.

For Playtech it would require a huge leap of faith as a great many of their slots are tighter than a ducks arse hind quarters. For NetEnt it would see some RTP’s being lowered whilst some are raised. Commissions do not affect our editorial choices and the ratings we give to online sportsbooks and casino operators. is a trusted independent gambling authority built by passionate gamblers for passionate gamblers. We offer informative contents in the form of free articles, news, guides, digital ebooks, courses, reviews, etc.


In other words, RTP is the odds of winning at a specific slot machine. To provide you with the highest RTP online casinos in the USA, we would need to do the math on all slot games listed on their sites. However, this figure wouldn’t really help you, unless you are planning to play all games equally. Still, based on their slot providers, the listed legal casinos provide several games with average RTP above 96%. It’s a term used by the casino to highlight the rate of return per unit wagered by the player. Online slot players should be familiar with this term and understand what it means in relation to playing slot machines.

In this journey you won’t need Jules Verne as your guide, you can find out thanks to “Nemo’s Voyage”, an online slot game from WMS Gaming. Sometimes it is nice to play an old fashioned looking online slot and with such a high RTP, Retro Reels is a very good choice. It looks old school and the individual reel re-spin feature really adds to that feel and vibe. Doo-Wop Daddy-O by Rival has an RTP of 97.99% but I decided to feature Reel Crime Art Heist as it is a brilliant example of Rivals interactive iSlots. This is a slot game which actually has a number of different slots and mini games in it and you proceed along a path doing different challenges in different areas as you go. These iSlots are hugely enjoyable whilst also being frustrating if you get caught before completing the entire mission. Big name or franchised slots as a rule have a low Return To Player.

It never happens instantly. The business game is longer than you know.

If you want to know the variance of a slot in most online casinos or even a land-based slot machine, head over to its paytable where it will be clearly displayed. You don’t have to calculate RTP percentages either, as you will find them in the paytable. Many beginners who are not familiar to slot machine probability get confused by the difference between MyStake Casino RTP and variance from a statistical perspective. Variance describes how often an online slot game pays out, whereas an RTP describes how much of your wagers are returned to you over time. Typically, slots with a high RTP are the most attractive to players. So, paying close attention to the RTP can be a game-changer for an online slot enthusiast.

We enjoy going to the casinos to play with our friends and making new friends when we get there. My goal with this website is to create a guide to slot machines and have some fun along the way. In conclusion, we must say the correctness of the specified RTPs is verified by international auditors. If they are correct, the developer receives the necessary licences to operate. If, however, the slot does not pass the check, it does not get into reliable online casinos, which adhere to the fair play policy and offer only licensed software to their customers.

Articolo precedente
Digital Technologies With regards to Realtors
Articolo successivo
The advantages of Data Area Service

Lascia un commento

Il tuo indirizzo email non sarà pubblicato.

Compila questo campo
Compila questo campo
Inserisci un indirizzo email valido.
Devi accettare i termini per procedere